imp benchmarking

nan@frosting.cis.brown.edu nan@frosting.cis.brown.edu
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:26:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi, imp listers,

Has anyone written any tools to benchmark IMP to try to size a production
server for it?  A program using horde and phplib and php and apache and mysql
to try to simulate what a user does when he uses webmail?  We would like
to get a better idea of what it will do to a server, as we hope to release
it to a campus community of around 20K users.  We do not envision running
it on the same box as our mail server.

Alternatively, can anyone share what hardware platform(s) they have needed
to support x number of thousands of users?

I looked in the archives and couldn't find anything about these topics.

Thanks,

Nan D'Antuono