[dev] Error in preferences/database?

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:19:25 -0500

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 04:21:27PM -0500, Michael Bull wrote:

> How are you finding the ldap storing of preferences?
>
> I'm considering using an LDAP database for preferences here.  How have you
> found things?  Is the speed better, worse or the same, compared to the SQL
> databases?   (hmm, perhaps we should move this back to the list)

I haven't really run any performance tests, but the bulk of our user
information is stored in LDAP, and it's nice to have everything
grouped together in one place for administrative purposes.

There are times when I think I'd prefer an SQL database, however,
being every LDAP bind has to be authenticated on its own.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology