[imp] IMP 2.2.3, Eudora for MS Windows and RTF attachments

Richard Eames Richard.Eames@flinders.edu.au
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:20:18 +1030

At 12:55 PM 11/15/00 , you wrote:
>When I attach RTF file in my IMP 2.2.3 the recipient always complain that
>RTF file corrupt. After inspecting message source I saw that IMP insert a
>single empty line at the begining of RTF file.
>
>Anyone has this problem too?
>
>On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Richard Thomas Eames wrote:
>
> > Anyone had any luck with RTF attachments sent by Eudora Pro 4 ? We're
> > evaluating IMP and one of the requirements is the ability to handle RTF
> > attachments sent using Eudora. The attachments are created using MSWord
> > and saved as RTF, then sent using Eudora. However, the attachments
> > appear in the text of the message rather than as an attachment.  All
> > other attachment types we've tried work fine and RTF from Netscape and
> > other mailers works fine as well (using the same document).
The Eudora problem appears to be caused by eudora specifying that the RTF attachment is text/plain and relying on the disposition line to get the receiver to do the correct thing with the attachment. Any Ideas?