[imp] webedge product

Martin A. Marques martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:36:27 -0300

On Mié 15 Nov 2000 18:14, you wrote:

> I grabbed a demo copy, and it was a snap to install.  Runs very fast.
> Does POP and IMAP.  Supports our slightly-non-standard loginids.  Supports
> SSL.  Easy to configure.  Currently available on Solaris and (sound of
> someone spitting on the ground) NT environments.  Does not chew up memory.
> Is multi-threaded.

(sound of a second spit!)

> It does cost some $$.

That wouldn't be a real problem, depending on who is providing the web-mail
service.

> Has anyone on this list, particularly those running Solaris systems, looked
> at this product?  I get the impression that a lot of IMP users might
> be using Linux, so this product would not currently be relevant to them,
> but I'd be interested in any impressions of WebEdge any listers may have.

We use Solaris, at this moment with Roxen and IMHO ( a web-mail app made for
Roxen). We are going to change to Apache, so we are looking for alternatives.
IMP is my number one choice!

Saludos... :-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués			email: 	martin@math.unl.edu.ar