[imp] Imp+vpop3+qmail ,

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:05:26 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > i hav four domains w.com , x.com , y.org, z.org . All point to one IP
> > x.x.x.x
> >
> > when the user a@x.com login it their mails goes out with a@x.com and not of
> > the one that puts on in the imp/config/....
> >
> > that it doesn't allow that the user a@w.org logon as if was the user a@x.com
> > .That is everything, a friend told me that could make it with ldap.
>
> I'm sorry, but can you use more words in describing what can't be done? I don't
> see the problem yet...

Here's what I suspect he (and many others) would like:

virtual domain support without selecting the imap server from the
selection list.  i.e. log in as jlewis@lewis.org and IMP "knows" that the
username is jlewis, the imap server is imap.lewis.org, the default from
domain is lewis.org, the default to domain is lewis.org, etc.  If I log in
as jlewis@atlantic.net, substitute atlantic.net for lewis.org everywhere
above.  This way you can give IMP access to all your virtual domains
without having to maintain (and make available to everyone) a list of all
your virtual domains.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |