[imp] Imp+vpop3+qmail ,

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:29:04 -0500

Quoting jlewis@lewis.org:

> Here's what I suspect he (and many others) would like:
>
> virtual domain support without selecting the imap server from the
> selection list.  i.e. log in as jlewis@lewis.org and IMP "knows" that the
> username is jlewis, the imap server is imap.lewis.org, the default from
> domain is lewis.org, the default to domain is lewis.org, etc.  If I log in
> as jlewis@atlantic.net, substitute atlantic.net for lewis.org everywhere
> above.  This way you can give IMP access to all your virtual domains
> without having to maintain (and make available to everyone) a list of all
> your virtual domains.

We can't do that, or at least I'm reluctant to do it - some IMAP servers
accept usernames of that form, so we can't assume that an @ is
information that we can throw away.

However, if you use the hidden server list and the "preferred" attribute, you
can achieve something similar  - if a user goes to webmail.foo.com, they
will be assumed to be logging into whatever entry you have for foo.com,
and if they go to bar.com, they'll be logged into bar.com. Etc...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues