[imp] attachment problem

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:12:30 -0000

Jason Keltz wrote:
> I figured it out!!
>
> This is one of those errors that lets you know it is time for a coffee
> break.

Great idea! :-)

> Configuration file path for the file php.ini should have been
> /cs/local/lib/php
>
> Including the "php.ini" on the end, caused the system to choke because it
> wanted to find:
> /cs/local/lib/php/php.ini/php.ini
>
> To test this out, I created a php.ini directory, and copied php.ini to
> that directory, and it worked.
>
> This wasn't even in the PHP FAQ.  I guess I'm the first person to make
> this mistake.  Do I win a prize?

Well, you said you'd tested that the php.ini was being read by
putting in the other loadmodule commands, so I assumed that was
correct.  You could drop a line to the phpdoc people to request
them to clarify it however (or put a note in the online annotated
manual; these find their way back into the main documentation when
reviewed)

> This *still* doesn't explain why the default of /tmp does not work on
> Sparc Solaris.  swapfs shouldn't make a difference to the underlying
> program.

Hmm, no it shouldn't.  Something is screwy there.  If you are really
interested in finding out, create a very simple PHP script to test
file uploads independently of everything else, and start narrowing
the problem down.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "Oi luv moi brick!"
 anil@recoil.org   /       - Father Jack