[imp] Minor problems

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:42:45 -0500

Quoting Marco Antonio Vieira Assad <marcova@mg.trt.gov.br>:

> 1) When I send a message for some user of our own
> domain and the user does not exist, IMP send a message
> back to the user and to root reporting the problem.
> Can't it just report the problem without sending
> messages back? I don't think it's a matter of sendmail
> configuration because when Outlook sends messages to
> the same unknown user, it just reports the fact in a
> separate window and doesn't send any message back;

Right now we don't have any way to get this information back from the MTA.
Patches would be gratefully accepted.

> 2) When I login in IMP through remote_login.php3, it
> doesn't log /var/log/messages like a normal IMP login
> does;

Good catch; it's on my todo list now (I'm home for thanksgiving, and don't
especially enjoy developing over a modem. But early next month I should have
my Dell laptop, so I won't have that excuse anymore. =).

> 3) When I am in the 'message view' frame and try to
> navigate back and forth the messages using the two
> arrows IMP also navigates the deleted messages. I think
> it would be interesting if it discarded the deleted
> messages (jump over them).

The "Hide Deleted" feature in 2.3 already takes care of this.

-chuck

--
"Individually, scientists no doubt have human weaknesses ... some of them
may even be homosexuals and read Plato." - J. Bronowski