[imp] Some problems with attachemnt and POP3

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:45:19 -0500

Quoting Thomas GUTHMANN <tom@calixo.net>:

> Yes I'm using POP3, the error messages are not a problem, only some line in
> the error log but the no_description attachments is a problem
> because the clients will not understand what it means ... If I click to see
> what are these multipart/mixed attachments, I see Mime + src message, so it's
> the same as the source message ... When there are multiple no description
> attachments (because forward)
> So the first attachment - no description - is composed of the forward
> + original message + MIME (msword)
> The second one attachment -no description- is composed of the original msg
> + MIME without the forward message!
> And the last one , hopefully, is the word attachment
>
> To sum up, multipart/mixed attachment contain only source message (with smtp
> dialog), more are the redirection, more there will be  attachment ...
> So there is no solution ??

Yes, there is: Use an IMAP server. IMAP handles attachments intelligently;
however, apparently pop servers do not give the mime code in IMP accurate
information, so there's nothing we can do about it in pop mode.

> Chuck do you have any idea for wvHtml, why it doesn't display the word
> document but only :
> >wvHtml
> >Usage: /usr/local/bin/wvHtml

Probably bad command lin arguments. There are some docs on this, i think,
and there's plenty in the mailing list archives.

-chuck

--
"It's not the size of the boat that makes the wave,
 it's the motion of the ocean." - Junebug Jabbo Jones