[imp] Sort bug (again)

Eugene Miretsky eugene@invision.net
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:43:50 -0500

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Eugene Miretsky <eugene@invision.net>:
>
> > The simplest way to eliminate this warning is to change line 373 in
> > mailbox.php3
> >   from: $msgnum = $sorted[$i-1];
> >   to  : $msgnum = @$sorted[$i-1];
> >
> > I was wandering if this fix can be applied to imp distribution.
>
> Instead of silencing errors that might be valid for everyone, why don't you just
> change $default->error_reporting (in imp/config/defaults.php3) to a less picky
> level?

I don't think it has anything to do with IMP error_reporting -- it's PHP
error when you try to access out of bounds element.  I can silince PHP,
but this is as bad as silincing IMP.  Also, since @... approach is
used quite heavily in IMP, I don't think this would create such a problem --
after  all messages are still displayed properly.

--
  Eugene Miretskiy <eugene@invision.net>
  InVision.com, INC.  (631) 543-1000

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Fri,  1 Dec 2000 10:01:06 -0500
> I don't think it has anything to do with IMP error_reporting -- it's PHP
> error when you try to access out of bounds element.  I can silince PHP,
> but this is as bad as silincing IMP.  Also, since @... approach is
> used quite heavily in IMP, I don't think this would create such a problem --
> after  all messages are still displayed properly.

$default->error_reporting is what IMP uses to set php's error reporting level
too. And instead of _always_ silencing this particular error, you can just
change your config file and have it be more quiet locally.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues