upgrading from php3 to php4

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen@fivetec.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:17:43 +0200

I was succesfully running

php-3.0.16-5horde7

with

imp-2.2.0_pre12-1
horde-1.2.0_pre12-1

installed from RPMs and running on RH 6.2.

I want to upgrade to imp-2.2.3-1 and thought that I would upgrade my PHP as
well. I grapped the php-4.0.3pl1-4 RPMs from http://rpms.arvin.dk/php/ and
did the upgrade. Before upgrading imp I wanted to see that the old version
was working, but here's what I got when I restarted httpd:

Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf/horde.conf
Invalid command 'php3_include_path', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

That file's content is below:
--snip--
<Directory /home/httpd/html/horde>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    php3_include_path '.:/home/httpd/php'
    php3_auto_prepend_file /home/httpd/php/prepend.php3
    php3_magic_quotes_gpc Off
    php3_track_vars On
</Directory>
<Directory "/home/httpd/html/horde/config">
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
</Directory>
--snip--

The php3 lines are causing the trouble, right? What should I do to them,
just delete? Do I have to add some similiar lines for PHP4?

Peter

Ps. I think this should be in the FAQ...?