[imp] Qmail and Virtual accounts.

Brad Dameron bdameron@tscnet.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:47:48 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> Quoting Brad Dameron <bdameron@tscnet.com>:
>

> > 	I am using IMP with QMail. I am using courier Imap. I am using the
> > Maildirs under Qmail and everything is running smoothly. However when I
> > send a message IMP tries to save to the mail/sentmail folder but errors
> > out. Is there a way to have IMP save the sent-mail into a folder under the
> > virtual user's directory? I see there is a setting to save the sent-mail
> > into the mail/ directory. But how can it be configured to save in the
> > /home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username> directory?
> >

> If you set your personal folders to 'INBOX.' you should have
> no problem with it (at least, thats what I use with vmailmgr, which
> is quite similar to vpopmail)
>
> --
> Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>

This doesn't seem to work correctly when using virtuals under Qmail.
The path for the user on the virtual is the following:

/home/vpopmail/domains/testing.tscnet.com/testuser/Maildir

The problem is that imp seems to be looking in /home/testuser/mail to
store the sent-mail and trashbox. How can I get IMP to write in the
/home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>/Maildir/mail instead or
even /home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>/mail directory?

I am using the inter7.com vpopmail configuration to do this.

Thank you,
Brad Dameron
TSCNet Online Services

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Mon,  4 Dec 2000 14:52:58 -0500
> The problem is that imp seems to be looking in /home/testuser/mail to
> store the sent-mail and trashbox. How can I get IMP to write in the
> /home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>/Maildir/mail instead or
> even /home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>/mail directory?

IMP has nothing to do with it. You need to educate your IMAP server.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues