[imp] Qmail and Virtual accounts.

Matt Bailey mbailey@journey.net
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 14:52:11 -0500

The location is partially the problem on the IMAP server to handle. It
should be looking at the systems or userdatabase from ~username or the
virtual home of the user rather than full path..

If the username is in your password file you need to make their path correct
If the username is in an LDAP database you need to make sure the path is
correct.
If it is stored somewhere else or not at all then you have some work to do
to figure it out..

--Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Dameron [mailto:bdameron@tscnet.com]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 2:48 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Qmail and Virtual accounts.

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> Quoting Brad Dameron <bdameron@tscnet.com>:
>

> > 	I am using IMP with QMail. I am using courier Imap. I am using the
> > Maildirs under Qmail and everything is running smoothly. However when I
> > send a message IMP tries to save to the mail/sentmail folder but errors
> > out. Is there a way to have IMP save the sent-mail into a folder under
the
> > virtual user's directory? I see there is a setting to save the sent-mail
> > into the mail/ directory. But how can it be configured to save in the
> > /home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username> directory?
> >

> If you set your personal folders to 'INBOX.' you should have
> no problem with it (at least, thats what I use with vmailmgr, which
> is quite similar to vpopmail)
>
> --
> Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>

This doesn't seem to work correctly when using virtuals under Qmail.
The path for the user on the virtual is the following:

/home/vpopmail/domains/testing.tscnet.com/testuser/Maildir

The problem is that imp seems to be looking in /home/testuser/mail to
store the sent-mail and trashbox. How can I get IMP to write in the
/home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>/Maildir/mail instead or
even /home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>/mail directory?

I am using the inter7.com vpopmail configuration to do this.

Thank you,
Brad Dameron
TSCNet Online Services