[imp] newbie question - most likely - but i couldn't find it on faq

alan_stewart@wvmccd.cc.ca.us alan_stewart@wvmccd.cc.ca.us
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:05:41 -0800 (PST)

Yes, i meant 2.2.2 to 2.2.3.

However, a clarification on your response, i had it working some what in 2.2.2
and for my purposes it at least worked so so.  It appears that you disabled it
in 2.2.3.  Is this so?  if so, is there a way to re-enable it in 2.2.3 with out
going back to 2.2.2?  Please advise.

I have spent several months getting this up and blessed by my management as at
least an interim solution for web-based email.  Without an address book, i will
need to find another product, most likely.  From what I have read on your
website, the 2.3 is alpha quality only and i need at least late beta if not
production.

Alan

> Quoting Alan Stewart <alan_stewart@wvmccd.cc.ca.us>:
>
> > I moved up from 2.2 to 2.3 and kept my address book.   Any existing
> entries
> > in the addressbook which where a group (more than one email address)
> don't
> > work.   Also, I am having difficulty in creating a list of users in
> this
> > version.
>
> I'm assuming that you mean 2.2.2 -> 2.2.3? Anyway, groups cause problems
> with
> the simplistic addressbook that imp 2.2.x has; we've taken steps to
> prevent
> them from being used. Turba (the contact manager that IMP 2.3 uses) will
> make
> all of these problems go away. =)
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Wed,  6 Dec 2000 00:19:04 -0500
> However, a clarification on your response, i had it working some what in 2.2.2
> and for my purposes it at least worked so so.  It appears that you disabled it
> in 2.2.3. Is this so?  if so, is there a way to re-enable it in 2.2.3 with out
> going back to 2.2.2?  Please advise.

Yes, it is disabled. No, there is no easy way to re-enable it, unless you are
willing to hack the code yourself.

> I have spent several months getting this up and blessed by my management as at
> least an interim solution for web-based email. Without an address book, i will
> need to find another product, most likely.  From what I have read on your
> website, the 2.3 is alpha quality only and i need at least late beta if not
> production.

There is still an addressbook; it just doesn't support groups. You are free to
fix this yourself.

-chuck