user "nobody"

Beau Sapach beau@intellinetinc.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:11:28 -0700

Hi everyone,

some background:

IMP is running on it's own server while IMAP and SMTP are running together on another server.  I use ssmtp to relay the outgoing mail from the IMP server to the SMTP server.  Whenever I send an email the sender name shows up as "nobody"  and the return address is always "nobody@imp.server.com"  where imp.server.com is the full host and domain name of the IMP server.  Changing the return address in the user preferences of IMP has not solved this problem.  I'm assuming that it has something to do with the fact that web access through apache uses the account and group nobody, but I don't know how to fix it...any help would be appreciate.  Thanks.

Beau