[imp] Outgoing mail

jmogollon@juntos.com jmogollon@juntos.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:34:32 -0500

In the FAQ there's a reference for a program that acts
like sendmail but it redirects the output to a smtp
server instead. I think you might be able to use that.

Jesus

Mensaje citado por: "Federico E. Petronio"
<petronio@ifeva.edu.ar>:

>     Hi. I am trying an Antivirus suit for Linux which
replace the
> sendmail
> for other command that checks for viruses. The
problem I found is that
> the
> check is done only for mails coming to sendmail by
the port 25, not for
> those send using the sendmail command itself ( from
the command line ).
> And
> as far as I now this is the way IMP woks.
>
>     Is there any way to make IMP use sendmail in
other way, for example
> force it to use localhost:25 instead of
"/usr/sbin/sendmail"  as figures

petronio@ifeva.edu.ar
>                                         Linux User
#129974

> ---
> Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who
its friends are.