[imp] Folder Navigator

Max Kalika max@the-triumvirate.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:00:28 -0800

Quoting Weston Bustraan <weston@itdonline.net>:

First of all...you're running horde/imp 1.3/2.3 cvs? What php version?

> How would I go about finding the real problem? I haven't had any problems
> with any other IMAP client, and I don't have any idea what IMP does when I
> click on the folder. I'll fix it eventually, but at the moment, I can't
> have it crashing. I'll have to set up a duplicate system and do some
> testing on that one, so that the main server isn't down.

I don't know if you're having the same problem I am, but there's a workaround.
Can you provide a bit more information though?  Primarily, the dns settings for
your imap server and the IMP configuration settings.  I found that php versions
newer than php-4.0.3pl1 have some problem with DNS and the imap_status() call.
Don't ask me to explain because I don't understand it myself.  But changing the
host that imp uses to connect to the server from a CNAME'ed imap.domain.com to
the A record realhost.domain.com fixes it.

> As far as I know, other people are using IMP + Cyrus; Shouldn't we be
> seeing the same problems? I'm using the latest version of both with
> nothing much out of the ordinary in the setup.

Yes, this is a very bizarre problem and it has nothing to do with IMP.

> Oh, ok. I thought maybe there was a config setting somewhere that
> disabled that menu item. I'm not having problems with folder navigation
> in general; everything else works. Any other method of switching folders
> works; It's just the Navigator tree view that doesn't.

To turn off navigator, set $conf['user']['allow_folders'] to false.  Navigator
is scheduled to replace the folders screen so both of them are controlled by
this setting.

--mk23