[imp] Folder Navigator

Weston Bustraan weston@itdonline.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:12:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, John C. Amodeo wrote:

> Fella's
>
> Just to add a bit more information - I just installed a RH7 server with a modified
> Red Hat src rpm for Cyrus - I think it is version 2.0.6-3?  Anyway, Cyrus is up and
> running, but when you create a sub folder under the inbox, and store a message in
> it - the Cyrus server crashes when you access the sub folder.  Now, this is not
> through IMP, but rather through Netscape Messenger (or any client imap interface) -
> so it is not an isolated incident and its not IMP that is the problem.
>
> BTW, if anyone has any info on a crashing Cyrus server when you create sub folders,
> please let me know.  You can send mail to amodeo@admin.rutgers.edu since its not
> really related to imp/horde.
>
> Thanks,
> John

I'm not having problems with subfolders. I use a combination of Pine and
IMP to read my mail. I have loads of subfolders and never have had a
problem. Both Pine and IMP works just fine to open subfolders and store
messages in them. I've used Pegasus, Eudora, and Outlook also, and never
had problems. At the moment, when I want to open a different folder  in
IMP, I just select  it from the drop down box in the upper right
corner. Works great. The only thing that I've found, that crashes the
server, is selecting a folder from Navigator with the tree expanded,

| Weston J. Bustraan      | E-Mail: weston@itdonline.net     |
| System Administrator    | Phone: (616)249-3630             |
| Infinity Tel-Data Inc.  | Fax:   (616)249-3067             |
| 4723 S. Division Ave.   | WWW: www.itdonline.net           |
| Wyoming, MI 49548       | PGP: finger weston@itdonline.net |

Error #152 - Windows not found: (C)heer (P)arty (D)ance.