[imp] Folder Navigator

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:18:28 -0600

Quoting Max Kalika <max@the-triumvirate.net>:

> Quoting Weston Bustraan <weston@itdonline.net>:
>
> First of all...you're running horde/imp 1.3/2.3 cvs? What php version?
>
> > How would I go about finding the real problem? I haven't had any problems
> > with any other IMAP client, and I don't have any idea what IMP does when
> > click on the folder. I'll fix it eventually, but at the moment, I can't
> > have it crashing. I'll have to set up a duplicate system and do some
> > testing on that one, so that the main server isn't down.
>
> I don't know if you're having the same problem I am, but there's a
> workaround.
> Can you provide a bit more information though?  Primarily, the dns settings
> for
> your imap server and the IMP configuration settings.  I found that php
> versions
> newer than php-4.0.3pl1 have some problem with DNS and the imap_status()
> call.
> Don't ask me to explain because I don't understand it myself.  But changing
> the
> host that imp uses to connect to the server from a CNAME'ed imap.domain.com
> the A record realhost.domain.com fixes it.

That's strange--I use a CNAME on our mail server (that IMP uses), and don't have
any trouble.  I don't use the navigator much, but I've never had it crash the
IMAP server.

I did just update my c-client from UW-IMAPD 4.7c to 2000a, and I haven't seen a
crash when accessing IMP since.  (I used to periodically get "Document contains
no data" when I'd click on something--Apache was segfaulting, and it seemed to
be IMAP related.)

..Keith

--
"Agree with you the council does--your apprentice Skywalker shall become."
 -Yoda