[imp] marking messages as read, bugs and fixes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:07:28 -0500

Quoting Earl Fogel <fogel@duke.usask.ca>:

> In the first case, a new empty message continues to be marked as new,
> even after you read it in imp.  It does get marked as read if you
> view the Message Source.

This is consistent behavior with pine and other clients. It's been discussed
many times before - see the list archives.

> The second problem is that new messages become marked as read after sorting
> a mailbox. I dont' entirely understand why this happens, but did find a
> workaround.

I'd like some explanation and reproducibility on this before I add two
imap_search() calls to the two most commonly used pages.

-chuck

--
" ... I mean, who wouldn't look forward to waking up in the morning and
having a nice big bowl of frosted For-Next Loops ... " - Slashdot comment