[imp] Outgoing mail

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:52:32 -0500

Quoting Rick Romero <rick@valeoinc.com>:

> What you're saying sounds a bit like how Pegasus Mail is
> structured..

... but what you go on to describe diverges significantly from what I had in
mind, so I must have not done a very good job explaining myself.

c-client, the library that php uses for IMAP, POP, and NNTP calls, supports
opening local files in any format that it supports (mbox, mbx probably, etc.).
So, if we had a custom MDA to deliver to local files, we could have IMP support
local files with very few changes, because we'd be using the _same_ imap_*
calls to access the mailboxes. The custom MDA would be needed because IMP would
have to be running as a user that could write to the mailbox files.

If you can convince someone to make c-client support opening pegasus mail
mailboxes, that'd be great. But that's not going to be me. =)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues