[imp] SegmFault with IMP & QPOP

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:32:11 +0000

Quoting giomau@mate.polimi.it:

> Here is my configuration:
>
> Horde 1.2.2 - IMP 2.2.3 - mysql 3.22.32 - apache 1.3.12 - php 4.0.

Are you using 4.0.0?  If so, upgrade to 4.0.4 and see if the problem
goes away.  Also, try upgrading to an uptodate version of c-client.

> Is there any kind of hope that we can keep on using QPOP?
> Have you ever obtained positive feed back from more recent
> versions of QPOP?

As long as QPOP is stable for you, and obeys the RFCs, it really
doesn't matter... the problem lies with your PHP/c-client setup
somewhere.

What you want to do is read this:
http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t33

and make the relevant bug entry in the PHP database.

Do make sure you try upgrading software versions before this
though, and see if the problem goes away.

> Should we perhaps upgrade to an IMAP server?

This is pretty well advised anyway, simply because of the
feature improvements you gain (per-message flags, hugely better
MIME and attachment handling, etc)

> It'is not so simple to keep the users of our Department satisfied
> with a mailbox of no more than 20 messages...

That could indeed prove to be a problem!

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>