[imp] login fails (was Re: [imp] undefined function: send())

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 14:26:23 -0800

Craig Zimmerman wrote:

> Any other suggestions as to why I can't login to the IMAP server via IMP?

This may be a bit over the top, but if you're running Linux, have you
used an ethernet sniffer to watch the transaction?  That way you will
know EXACTLY what was sent to and from the IMAP server.  You can even
do it if IMP and IMAP are on the same box, just watch 127.0.0.1, port
143.  Also set up IMP and PHP to log EVERYTHING regarding their
operations, just to be sure things are working correctly.

You know, these are the times where I wish we had a PHP source-level
debugger, redundant as it may seem.  You know, breakpoints, looking
at variables without echo statements, etc., etc.  Just a thought...
- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-              Where there's a will, I want to be in it.             -