[imp] login fails (was Re: [imp] undefined function: send())

Craig Zimmerman craigz@internet00.tbwachiat.com
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:03:59 -0500 (EST)

Good Suggestion.

I've been doing all sorts of tests on the box, I started by switching the
imap server to listen on 127.0.0.1, then was able to see connections from
the localhost, using tcpdump.  However tcpdump only showed the headers,
not exactly helpful.  I switched to snort, which should have captured
data, but didn't.  I switched to yet another sniffer, this time exdump,
which claims to show the data in the packet.  Best I can tell IMP is not
sending any valid data to the IMAP server.  Here is the 'data' portions of
the sniff from 3 separate attempts.
<snip>
Data:
,