top.opener.parent

Stephan Grallert stephan@telis-finanz.de
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:22:52 +0100

Hi!

Everytime I click on Logout at the left imp control bar, or change to any
other subfolder than INBOX, the left control frame disappears and the
browser (IE 5.x and Netscape 4.7x) shows up an error in a javascript routine
quoted underneath.
The script debugger in IE 5 show the quoted script and marks the if-clause
in the last elseif branch as what reads in the english translation of the
german error message as "access denied".
I looked up in the FAQ and found this to similar to the top.opener.parent
problem, but the suggested solution doesn't work. Anybody similar
experiences or suggestions, what to do?

<script language="JavaScrip">
if (parent.hordestatus) {

parent.hordestatus.location="status.php3?language=de&message=&srarus=green";
} else if (parent.hordestatus) {

parent.parent.hordestatus.location="status.php3?language=de&message=&srarus=
green";
} else if (top.opener && top.opener.parent.hordestatus) {

top.opener.parent.hordestatus.location="status.php3?language=de&message=&sra
rus=green";
}

thanx&greetz!