[imp] random phpXXXXX files in /tmp

andrew morgan morgan@orst.edu
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:46:55 -0800 (PST)

Replying to my own message because I've since narrowed this down a little
further.  See below for new information.  Any help is appreciated.

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, andrew morgan wrote:

> I have a working installation of IMP (imp 2.2.3, horde 1.2.3, php
> 4.0.3pl1).  The only minor annoyance I have is that my /tmp directory
> (upload_tmp_dir) is filling up with random phpXXXXX files, like so:
>
> [root@yt conf]# dir /tmp
> total 738
> drwxrwxrwt   3 root     sys          706 Dec 27 16:06 .
> drwxr-xr-x  25 root     root         512 Dec 20 10:23 ..
> drwxrwxrwx   2 root     root         179 Dec 18 14:45 .pcmcia
> -rw-------   1 nobody   nobody         0 Dec 27 16:03 php2RaONP
> -rw-------   1 nobody   nobody         0 Dec 27 16:05 php2VaiOP
> -rw-------   1 nobody   nobody         0 Dec 27 16:06 phpA8ayQP
> -rw-------   1 nobody   nobody         0 Dec 27 16:06 phpjXaqQP
> -rw-------   1 nobody   nobody         0 Dec 27 16:05 phplZaOQP
> -rw-------   1 nobody   nobody         0 Dec 27 16:04 phprfaOOP
> -rw-rw-r--   1 root     sys         5224 Dec 18 14:45 ps_data
> -rw-rw-r--   1 root     sys       350380 Dec 19 10:31 ups_data
>
> A new one seems to be created whenever someone goes to the login page of
> IMP.

Correction:  Further testing shows that these phpXXXXXX files are only
created when I click "Save Draft" or "Send Message" from the compose
window.  The only commonality I can see between these two operations is
that they both post a new message in an imap folder.

> I am using mysql for session support and I have explicitly disabled
> php4's built-in session support during compile time.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 	Andy

Thanks,
	Andy