[imp] Problem report screen... Help!

Patrick Timmons ptimmons@courriel.polymtl.ca
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:56:43 -0500

Hi.

I have changed a few files to help with this problem:

First, I remind the user to enter his/her email address in file
horde/locale/??/problem.lang:

/* modif locale Poly debut */
$lang->problem_init_message = 'Enter your email address here: ';
/* modif locale Poly fin */

Second, I include some php vars in the body of the message. I changed the
horde/problem.php3 file, in the switch command:

  switch ($actionID) {

  case SEND_MESSAGE:
    if ($subject && $message && ($message != "\r\n")) { // need to check to make
sure the other parts are there as well
/* modif locale Poly debut */
            $message =
               "ip: $REMOTE_ADDR \n" .
               "browser: $HTTP_USER_AGENT \n" .
               "language: $HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE \n" .
               $message;
/* modif locale Poly fin */
      $message = str_replace("\r\n", "\n", $message);
      $mime = new MimeMessage($message);

The "ip: $REMOTE_ADDR \n" part was added because somehow, the "X-Originating-IP:
%REMOTE_ADDR%" line from horde/config/header.txt was not in the message. I found
out later that the sendmail sysadmin had modify sendmail to drop those lines.

P.Timmons

Dan Ellis wrote:

> I'm getting bombarded by problem reports (nothing to due with IMP, but rather
> password change requests, feature how-to's etc).  However, the problem screen
> does not include fields for name or email address.  Could we include these in
> the next version?  I'm rewriting the screen so I don't go nuts with 20 emails
> from people who say, "Can you send my password --no name"...
>
> Boss makes me track down who possibly could have sent it using the log files
> of who was logged in at the time...(we are about service here...)
>
> Dan

Patrick Timmons, service informatique