[imp] Autologout (autologoff)

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:02:02 -0800

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@publichost.com>:
>

>> BTW, I'm _running_ some older, buggered,
>> released code (2.2).  I'm working on the 2.3 version, but have not
>> even looked at the CVS stuff.  Why?  Because I have 1400 domains and
>> about 5000 users running IMP right now.  I have to beat anything to
>> death before I let my clients see it (saves a LOT of tech support
>> calls).
>

> This is understandable, but if you are working on 2.3, you _really_ should be
> keeping up with CVS. Things are changing and being fixed very quickly; it's not
> quite to the point where I'm willing to say that the various APIs involved have
> settled enough that you'll have an easy time keeping up with patches even if
> you've made local mods.

Local mods I have in abundance--mostly having to do with branding
(virtual domains, don't you know).  I _have_ been looking at
coalescing all this stuff into one file, then patching the other items
to check customized variables.  Would this be of use to you?  If so,
I'll be happy to join the CVS group.  Be forewarned, however: I have
a tendency to comment the kapok out of my code (fully 50% of my source
is comments).  The reason?  Six months from now I won't remember what
I did or why I did it.  That, and others can maintain my code.  I'm
lazy and proud of it!
- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -
> Local mods I have in abundance--mostly having to do with branding
> (virtual domains, don't you know).  I _have_ been looking at
> coalescing all this stuff into one file, then patching the other items
> to check customized variables.  Would this be of use to you?  If so,
> I'll be happy to join the CVS group.  Be forewarned, however: I have
> a tendency to comment the kapok out of my code (fully 50% of my source
> is comments).  The reason?  Six months from now I won't remember what
> I did or why I did it.  That, and others can maintain my code.  I'm
> lazy and proud of it!

I fail to see why that's anything even resembling a bad thing. :) I'd certainly
be interested in seeing the mods, and if they fit with where we're going, you'd
be welcome to maintain them in CVS. I'd recommend joining dev@lists.horde.org
and posting there for further discussion...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues