[imp] Autologout (autologoff)

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:29:05 -0800

chris@telerama.com wrote:

> There's also the 'session.inc' file in the PHPlib directory (wherever
> that may be on your system...)
>
> Personnelly, I haven't tried changing anything in it, but it looks
> like you can change the session's lifetime (comes set at 1440 minutes,
> or 1 day with the version I'm running.)

Actually, that's the garbage collection time.  It won't log you
off.

> I have been looking for a way to do the autologoff too -- maybe
> someone with more experience could advise us on this?

After a quick perusal of the code, there's lots of places where a
timeout would be _handled_, but there's no place where a timeout is
_generated_.  So, the event handling code is there, but there's no
way to cause the event.  "A solution looking for a problem, perhaps?"

I'm looking into this and as soon as I have bodgered a way to invoke
a timeout, I'll post it.  BTW, I'm _running_ some older, buggered,
released code (2.2).  I'm working on the 2.3 version, but have not
even looked at the CVS stuff.  Why?  Because I have 1400 domains and
about 5000 users running IMP right now.  I have to beat anything to
death before I let my clients see it (saves a LOT of tech support
calls).

- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -
> BTW, I'm _running_ some older, buggered,
> released code (2.2).  I'm working on the 2.3 version, but have not
> even looked at the CVS stuff.  Why?  Because I have 1400 domains and
> about 5000 users running IMP right now.  I have to beat anything to
> death before I let my clients see it (saves a LOT of tech support
> calls).

This is understandable, but if you are working on 2.3, you _really_ should be
keeping up with CVS. Things are changing and being fixed very quickly; it's not
quite to the point where I'm willing to say that the various APIs involved have
settled enough that you'll have an easy time keeping up with patches even if
you've made local mods.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues