[imp] IMP 2.2.3 & file attchments

Christian Schmit cschmit@vo.lu
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:43:24 +0100

>> Can this be avoided?

CH> At least the second problem, and probably the first as well, will go away if
CH> you use an IMAP server. POP simply isn't meant to handle attachments as being
CH> anything other than an arbitrary chunk of a message.

True. Via IMAP the problem that attachments are showing up twice
is solved however not the saving file attachment problem.

I tested other webmails besides IMP like  TWIG,EMUMAIL,DmailWeb,
VOPMAILWeb which could handle the attachments fine however they
had other problems that is why I am looking for another product.

Christian