[imp] Autologout (autologoff)

chris@telerama.com chris@telerama.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:32:07 -0500 (EST)

> > Personnelly, I haven't tried changing anything in it, but it looks
> > like you can change the session's lifetime (comes set at 1440 minutes,
> > or 1 day with the version I'm running.)
>
> Actually, that's the garbage collection time.  It won't log you
> off.

I thought it might have something to do with that.  Oh well.

> After a quick perusal of the code, there's lots of places where a
> timeout would be _handled_, but there's no place where a timeout is
> _generated_.  So, the event handling code is there, but there's no
> way to cause the event.  "A solution looking for a problem, perhaps?"
>
> I'm looking into this and as soon as I have bodgered a way to invoke
> a timeout, I'll post it.  BTW, I'm _running_ some older, buggered,
> released code (2.2).  I'm working on the 2.3 version, but have not
> even looked at the CVS stuff.  Why?  Because I have 1400 domains and
> about 5000 users running IMP right now.  I have to beat anything to
> death before I let my clients see it (saves a LOT of tech support
> calls).

No problem -- I'm not all that worried about it.  We have a lot of
people using IMP (approximately 6000 users) and no one has complained
about not being auto logged off yet.  We have, however, added a
warning to the bottom of the mailbox summary page that says something
like "Please be careful not to leave yourself logged in from a public
terminal."

Thanks,
-Chris