[imp] Can't login to IMP 2.3

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:18:55 +0000

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 03:46:43PM -0400, Patrick Boutilier wrote:

> I am trying to install IMP 2.3 for preview purposes on my system. I can
> get to the login page for IMP but when I enter my username and password
> I get the following error:
>
> Login failed for some reason. Most likely your  username or password was
> entered incorrectly.

It may be that that Horde::Secret is losing your password
(this happened to me, but the problem disappeared and I forgot to
chase it up).

What version of mcrypt?  Try hacking in var_dump()s into the
login code and make sure that your password is being sent correctly.
If it's not, Horde::Secret will return false (this is for the
imap_open call).

Anil