Managing multiple email accounts

Alexander List list@cnsystems.at
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:28:22 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I just browsed the list archive and found that several users asked for
the ability to manage multiple email accounts from within imp.

Today, I talked to a customer who is having serious trouble with MS
Outlook on the MacOS platform. For some reason (well, I guess MS knows
the reason...), Outlook doesn't handle deleted/read flags on IMAP boxes
on UW IMAP servers correctly.

I proposed to the user to use imp. He agreed that for most of his
employees imp was an excellent solution (all of them Mac users), as they
only use one account. However, for himself imp is not convenient because
he needs to manage seven (!) IMAP accounts simultaneously, and Outlook
provides this feature ... you see the vicious circle.

The ability to manage multiple accounts, with passwords stored in the
database and one "primary" account used to log in to imp, would be a
great step forward in eliminating proprietary clients like Outlook,
replacing them with open source solutions.

I am curious about your comments!

regards

Alexander List
CNSystems Medizintechnik GmbH