[imp] Managing multiple email accounts

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:14:54 -0600 (CST)

Quoting Alexander List <list@cnsystems.at>:

> The ability to manage multiple accounts, with passwords stored in the
> database and one "primary" account used to log in to imp, would be a
> great step forward in eliminating proprietary clients like Outlook,
> replacing them with open source solutions.
>
> I am curious about your comments!
>
> regards
>
> Alexander List
> CNSystems Medizintechnik GmbH
> Austria

I have a few users who do this on our linux machines by setting up fetchmail
to merge their other accounts into the main linux one here, then use imp
against the main account.  Not elegant, but it works until such functionality
appears in IMP.

I've toyed with the idea of adding such a "fetchmail" link to the menu in imp
(ala hotmail, etc) but haven't had time to touch the code at all for a few
months now...

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin