[imp] call on a non-object in view.php3

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:47:40 -0500

Hi,

     I could look in Apache log but I tought it was obvious.  I'm not a PHP
expert so
maybe I'm wrong but...  you make a test to see if $imp is a valid
object.  If it's not the case should'nt you bypass the call
'$imp->unpickle()' and terminate properly?

As to the reason why $imp is not set, and maybe that's what you asked, I
don't know.

This don't seem to be a serious problem.  I have a far more important one:
the mysql
server continue to hang as I have reported months ago.  My last idea,
because I have
found that the mysql thread who locks all others was sleeping and had
finished is job
(select/replace active_session ....), was that maybe PHP or the Apache
thread crash and don't close properly the connection to mysql.

So, the 'view.php3' is not that important.  I just wanted to know what PHP
is doing at
moments where mysql hang.

Thanks.