[imp] ampersand in folder names?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:11:40 -0500

Quoting Peter Ip <peter.ip@utoronto.ca>:

> I'm having problems with ampersands in folder names. If a user creates
> a folder using some other email package with an ampersand in it, IMP
> doesn't show it in the folder list. If a user creates a folder with an
> ampersand in it using IMP, he can't rename or delete it.
>
> I'm running IMP 2.2.3, Horde 1.2.3, UW Imap 4.7c, Apache 1.3.12,
> php4.0.3pl1.

For the first, what specifically is "some other email package"? It may be that
the other program doesn't follow the IMAP rfc's and use imap-utf7 encoding on
folder names. For the latter (the rename problem), I can successfully rename
and delete folders with & in the name with IMP 2.2.4-cvs, and there haven't
been any changes to the folder code that I'm aware of since 2.2.3. What IMAP
server do you use?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues