[imp] ampersand in folder names?

Peter Ip peter.ip@utoronto.ca
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:08:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for looking into this for me.

You are right about the problem being at the IMAP server. We're using
UWashington IMAP 4.7c (but we're in the process of upgrading to
imap-2000).

We officially support several email packages, but I won't bore you with
the problems that they have.

My only (small) point now is that when I try to rename or delete a folder
with an ampersand, there is no error message indicating failure. Is the
missing error message a problem with UW IMAP, php, or IMP?

Thanks again

Peter

PS. I get a lot of users saying how much they like IMP. There was never
any such feedback for any of our other email packages.

Peter Ip, PhD
Computing and Network Services, University of Toronto
email: peter.ip@utoronto.ca