[imp] password-changing

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:12:22 -0500

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 01:25:32PM +0100, Werner Reisberger (werner@pure.ch) wrote:
> I tried unsuccesfully to activate a link for the password-changing capability
> in imp 2.2.3.
>
> users on my server can use a CGI over a ssl connection to change their
> passwords.  I therefore set in defaults.php3
>
>  default->change_password = true
>  $default->poppassd_server = 'https://mydomain/cgi/cgpwd'
>  $default->poppassd_port = '443'

Does cgpwd speak the poppassd protocol? It's unusual to implement that
as a Web page since a poppass password change requires a conversation,
not a single request.

See <URL:http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c17> for
details and a link to the poppass daemon.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services