poppassd and IMP problems<<< please help ! ;-)

Dave Wilson davew@sai.co.za
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:52:34 +0200

Any ideas on this one yet ?
I'm really batteling

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Wilson [mailto:davew@sai.co.za]
Sent: 17 January 2001 05:49
To: Imp@Lists.Horde.Org
Subject: [imp] poppassd and IMP problems

Hi guys, howzit going ?

I have imp2.2.3, horde1.2.3, apache1.3.14, mysql3.22.32, php4.04,
poppassd(from http://www.netwinsite.com/poppassd/ as mentioned in IMP FAQ's)
all running on a Slackware 7.1 box.
Imp is working 100% with everything including the contact lists etc., the
only thing I'm having a problem with is password
changing.

The user enters in oldpassword, newpasswordx2 and clicks "change password"
and the following error pops up:
The following error has occurred while processing your request:
500 'New password:'

If I telnet to port 106 and issue the following commands the users password
gets changed 100%:
user test
pass currentpass
newpass newpass

For some reason it seems IMP is talking properly to poppassd ?
Something else I noticed is that after the error is generated by IMP, and I
do a ps -ax I can see "passwd test" in the process list..

Unfortunately I don't know enough about PHP coding to be able to track down
the error in poppassd.php3

Any ideas on how to get this fixed ?
Any help would be appreciated. ;-)
Thanks.