binding keys to HTML form buttons

Donnie Barnes djb@donniebarnes.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:11:39 -0500

In discussions with a friend of mine over the pluses and minuses of web based
mail clients, he pointed out one problem for him.  He's very used to using a
mailer with keybindings for things like "compose a new message", "send the current
message", etc.

Upon investigation, this seems impossible to do with normal HTML forms.  But
it seems entirely possible with the addition of some javascript.  That said,
I'm in no way a JS programmer, so don't ask for a patch.  ;-)  But my question
is whether this has been considered and if it is possible to add easily?
Ideally the feature would just be "missing" for non JS capable browsers.

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes  http://www.donniebarnes.com  djb@donniebarnes.com  "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.