imp 2.3.6 and server list

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:33:18 -0500

Hi,

     I decided friday to take a look at the new IMP and I installed it on
my test machine.
The new look is cool and the search feature is much welcome.  One thing is
I find the
`9pt` default too little for me :-)!   More seriously I have had two problems:

the first one is probably because mcrypt is not well installed on my
system.  I got this
error when login:

Warning: could not open encryption module in ../lib/Horde.php on line 223

All tests were OK when I compiled mcrypt and installed it.  Well, I changed
"mcrypt_module_open" to "mcrypt_module_openx" (so it would not go in the
first block)
and its OK.

the second problem, and I considere it more serious is that no matter what
I choosed in
the list of servers, I would always log to the first one I try.  Later when
I updated my
preferences from the options menu and changed for another, then this new
one would be
the one always choosen.

I tracked this to the imp/lib/IMP.php file and saw that $pref->retrieve()
was after the
if-then-else.  I put it before and now the servers selected is the one I
log to.

Don't get me wrong, maybe IMP.php is OK and I have not configure IMP as it
should, but
this work now.

I'm using mysql as the prefs storage as is explained in the INSTALL
doc.  I've downloaded
the tarballs.

Thanks and keep the good work!
-------
Robert Marchand                 tél: 343-6111 poste 5210
DGTIC-SIT                       e-mail: robert.marchand@umontreal.ca
Université de Montréal          Montréal, Canada