[imp] spelling

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:07:57 -0500

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 02:40:08PM +0500, Roman Serbski (libser@manas.kg) wrote:
> Good day all!
>
> I've seen this question several times, but did not find any useful
> suggestion...
> The question is - how to add dictionary to IMP?
> I downloaded something from
> http://ficus-www.cs.ucla.edu/ficus-members/geoff/ispell-dictionaries.html
> So what should be the next step? I use Horde 1.2.3 + IMP 2.2.3.
> Ispell works OK with default dictionary, but what about adding new
> dictionaries?

Add it to ispell such that it works in Unix; IMP's just calling ispell
with the '-d dictionary' flag. On my system, ispell stores its
dictionaries in /local/lib/ispell-3.1.20/, which means that on yours
it might be something like /usr/lib/ispell or
/usr/share/ispell. You'll use the 'buildhash' and 'munchlist'
tools to turn the wordlist into an ispell dictionary. Kuenning
recommends a different munchlist for languages with large numbers of
affixes or 8-bit characters:

  ftp://ftp.robot.ireq.ca/pub/ispell/buildict.tar.gz

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services