[imp] imp 2.3.6 and server list

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:05:54 -0500

Wow, wow, wow!

<upset mode>

you don't have to shout!

IMAP is a standard.  good thing.  Show me a standard that has never changed,
or that is well implanted by all.

We`re here in the real world here.  You don't like bugs.  Me neither. So in
my understanding, IMP 2.3.6 do not work well here.  That's all!!

How come one need to adapt code to browser type and version? Isn't there
standards?
HTML, Javascript?

Real world is you have to adapt (to some extents) to malfunctions of
others.  This is what
I said: if it is not too much to use the 'more' standard calls, then why
not do it?

If IMP is always right, why don't you force your users to have the latest
browsers? Don't tell me there is no bug with previous version of IE or
Netscape.

</upset>

Well, maybe IMAP is a true standard, I don't know enough.  And maybe this
UID thing is
not a `left to implementers discretion` but a REQUIRED one. I don't
know.  I would have
prefered that you enlight me about that instead of saying blank statements.

If you don't like people reporting problems...