Warning: Access denied for user

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:52:26 +1200

Hi supportive folk,

I have installed IMP and run accross a snag. My server is running freeBSD O/S
with PHP4 installed database is mySQL

The test.php3 of horde is running smoothly and I have also run the test script
for mySQL database explained in one of the help/faq files and this runs
smoothly as well.

All the security issues as per the SECURITY file have been addressed, but... I
get to the Login screen of IMP and after typing in the username and password it
comes back with following:

QUOTE

Warning: Access denied for user: 'hordemgr@teletechnics.com' (Using password:
YES) in /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql on line 153

 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:153) in
/usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/lib/horde.lib on line 1167

 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:153) in
/usr/local/lib/phplib/session.inc on line 448

 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:153) in
/usr/local/lib/phplib/session.inc on line 449

 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:153) in
/usr/local/lib/phplib/session.inc on line 450

 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql:153) in
/usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/lib/horde.lib on line 465

UNQUOTE

Playing about I enable selective server choosing (from the login screen) and
find that if I select a domain name of the same server, just a different name
to the IP address it comes up also with access denied, yet in the lower half it
does show me the inbox.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks,
tim.