[imp] Warning: Access denied for user

Donnie Barnes djb@donniebarnes.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:32:23 -0500

> > Warning: Access denied for user: 'hordemgr@teletechnics.com' (Using
> > password: YES) in /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql
> > on line 153
>
> Okay, there's the error. (The rest is just noise caused by the above.)
> The user 'hordemgr@teletechnics.com' can't authenticate with MySQL.
> That trailing domain name strikes me as unusual, but I don't use
> MySQL. Double-check that it's using the right username and password
> and that you can access it with the command-line client.

Restart MySQL!

Even if you can get there from the command line, restart MySQL!  I had MySQL
get into a weird state somehow...it would work fine on the command line, and
work *some* of the time with IMP.  You might log in and get the above error.
You might log in and be fine until you read a couple mails then you'd get the
error.  Then it would work again (once you re-logged in to get rid of the
error messages).  Restarted MySQL and it all worked again.  *shrug*

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes  http://www.donniebarnes.com  djb@donniebarnes.com  "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.