[imp] new installation

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:16:24 -0500

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 12:07:26PM -0500, goldengull.net administrator (admin@goldengull.net) wrote:
> hi, my college uses IMP and i like it very much.  now i'm working for a web
> hosting company and i'd like to integrate it into our mail services.
>
> i am running mandrake linux 7.2
> 		 postfix mail server
>
> i'd like to download RPMs and just throw them on there.  what RPMs are
> required?

Well, see <http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/install/index.php#i5> and
the README to which it points.

> has anyone had luck installing IMP on a platform similar to mine?

Lots of people. Linux is about as common as they come. See also
<http://www.horde.org/imp/2.2/supported.php> which lists supported
platforms.

> i have quite a few questions, and it seems that the horde website's faq
> isn't that extensive.

Well, ask them! The faq's a FAQ, so its hundred or so questions only
represent those that are askd frequently; it's not a manual, which you
can obtain by downloading Horde and IMP and looking in the 'docs/'
subdirectory (or, for RPMs, wherever it installs them; I don't use
RPMs. See the README referenced above.)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services