[imp] Multiple IMAP servers

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:00:36 -0500

At 10:25 AM 24/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>     well there are few peoples like me who need access to more than one
> account and
>and the server list on the login page seems the right place to
>choose.  But the new
>scheme could also be a good thing for us.  Mail accounts here  are
>separated in two groups: students and staff.  So basically, a person has
>only one account and with the new IMP, he would be happy because he would
>not have to select in the menu each time.
>
>You see, in order to have no favorite, we add a false entry in the server
>list (the one selected by default) that points nowhere.  If I understand
>correctly, it would be better with
>the new IMP.  With the current one, there are a lot of login errors.
>
>As a suggestion, maybe there could be a 'no server selected' option in
>which case IMP would go the users prefs and on the contrary would not
>override when the user selects one.
>
>Thanks.

Robert,
That is the same structure we use.    Two suggestions:

If you just want it to use the 2.3 style preferences for the server, that
should be fine; I've not tried it, but at worst a hidden form entry with
the server value would be enough to avoid errors, and it would use what is
stored in the preferences anyways.

We're going to change the server selection to being radio buttons with no
default selected, and a bit of javascript to make things work out.
This is a local mod, as we only have two servers.