[imp] Maximum # of messages?

Hanser, Kevin kevin@merchantinternetgroup.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:39:34 -0500

Found the problem... turns out it wasn't IMP at all :)  Stupid user error...
we had inadvertantly changed permissions on the "mbox" file in the home dir
so that the user couldn't read it... in an effort to protect some other
files.  DOH!

Thanx for the help though!

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 5:03 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Maximum # of messages?

Quoting "Hanser, Kevin" <kevin@merchantinternetgroup.com>:

> I have IMP v2.2.3 running w/an oracle8i backend, and it has been running
> fine for months.  However, we have a mailbox that has 11500+ messages in
it,
> and I'm getting a strange error all of the sudden.  When I click on the

> Warning: Bad message number in

/usr/local/apache/virtual-hosts/webmail.shopsforme.com/horde/imp/status.php3
> on line 73
>
> Have I reached a maximum message count?  Or could this mailbox be corrupt

I can think of two things: either the mailbox is corrupted, or the size of
the
mailbox bumps up the amount of information that we need to store in the
phplib
session so much that phplib dies and gives us bad information. In that case,

either decreasing the amount of messages we keep track of at once (you can
find
this at the top of the messageRange() function in mailbox.php3 and
message.php3), or increasing the session data field size in Oracle, might
help.

-chuck