[imp] no new mail popups

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:46:44 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

> Cópia jlewis@lewis.org:
>
> > We're not doing the mbox thing.  User mail stays in /var/spool/mail
> > for
> > compatibility with the pop3d we use (not UW's).  Thanks for the
> > suggestion, but the change below made no difference for me.
>
> Me too. I got the same problem, tried the same solution, and got the same
> negative result.

So it's probably not something I broke unless we somehow managed to break
the same thing.  The only "unusual" thing I've done is hacked the imapd
c-client code to not insert the silly "internal folder message" since that
really confuses/annoys the customers who go back and forth between IMP and
their POP3 mail client.  I've been doing that since almost the beginning,
and the new mail popup used to work with that hack.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |