3 fairly newbie questions

John Bennett bennettj@thebennetthome.com
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 22:15:35 -0600

I know some off you will want to hurt me, but please bear with me.  I =
searched the archives/FAQ's for over an hour but didn't find want I need.

My questions are:

1.  I am currently running imp 2.2.3 and want to upgrade to imp 2.2.4 =
without losing my current settings.  I downloaded the horde and imp patch =
files.  I started with the horde patch.  I put the patch fils in the =
directories that is currently running horde.  I typed ./patch-horde-1.2.3-1=
.2.4.  Got lots of errors.  So, I have not been smart enough to figure out =
how to get this upgraded.  Much assistance needed, and I promise to file =
away the answers.

2.  I have a place where I am hosting 2 separate domains.  We are using =
LDAP within the contacts feature.  When users are looking up other users, =
they see everyone that has an id on the system.  Can I limit what users =
see.  i.e. - I have user@abc.com and user@xyz.com.  I don't want them to =
be able to see each other.  Also, when they currently do the seach, they =
see the other users with the primary domain.  i.e. if my primary domain is =
abc.com when user@xyz.com does a lookup, they will see all users with an =
abc.com domain name.  Can this be changed to at least show all of the =
users on the system with the same domain as what the user logged into the =
system as.   Does this make sense, because as I am typing this it's =
sounding confusing.

3.  Others of you are hosting multiple domains, how are you getting around =
my option 2 and what advice can you give me.

Thanks for giving me a break.  And to the horde team, thanks for your =
efforts.

JB